Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wild day.

After jumping out to a $10k profit I managed to finish the session stuck around $10k and took a break. Naturally I got pretty pissed off and looked to turn my anger into motivation and decided I would try and win $100k in the final 80 days of the year. I've obviously not been posting the days where I've lost $10 to $20k but I've been experiencing those swings relatively consistently and I'm starting to get used to them. Expectation wise I expect to earn between $75-150k on the year and as of now I'm a little behind pace but feel like I'm going to go on a nice run to finish out the year. BTW who knows how accurate table ratings actually is. I think it has me losing like $25k on the year and obviously that is nowhere near accurate.

So after my disastrous session and my newfound inspiration to win $100k by the end of the year (btw that was to include me playing no higher than $10-20 HAH!) I decided to play again and ended up winning $25k. I obviously haven't been practicing the greatest bankroll management but I feel like I've gotten fucked pretty hardcore playing in high stakes tournaments/cash games in my career and I'm dumb enough to keep firing at it until I figure it out. I've been cashing out regularly to prevent completely epic fails so if (when?) shit hits the fan I'll at least have a little something to show for it. If I'm gonna be taking shots at $25/50 PLO (seriously how ridiculous am I being for playing that high?) I have to be willing to step down if my account dips in the $20k range. I'll eventually figure this bitch out and run it up to the mid six figures and get to where I feel like I deserve to be at at this stage of my career or I'll die trying. No risk no reward.

So yeah, I'm definitely not taking the safest approach but I need approximately $300k to get where I want to be and I'm willing to take some gambles to get there. I'm not going to go balls to the walls/all or nothing to get there but I will aggressively take shots and test fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment